Some people being requesting me to get some management packs for them. So, here is a script that lets you download almost all of them. It’s a script and created by Stefan Stranger, please follow the link below for the script and some guidance.
The gadget uses WMI to connect to the server so the user might need to follow John Howard’s guide remote WMI access on both the client and the Hyper-V server.
Version 5.2.5 is out!
The project has been moved to CodePlex to allow for more people to participate. Send me your CodePlex username if you want to join the project on CodePlex.
The latest version of my gadget has been tested and is now ready to be released! After a rewrite of the gadget, it is now better, faster and more awesome than ever before!
The gadget is now packed with more features than ever while still keeping the UI simple, alot of neat little features.
Some of the new features
- VM CPU graph
- Wake on Lan support
- VM RDP (If the host is running 2008 R2)
- Multilanguage support.
Download the Gadget from the link: http://hypervmonitor.codeplex.com/
People been asking me if I am using any sort of Dashboard for the SCSM, and it has to be the Enterprise Grade. I really was using SMTRAK for the dashboarding but some might have other preferences, but I like the software and it’s capabilities…..so you can try as well, doesn’t hurt you know?
SMTRAK Features: Website Link HERE
- Works on your desktop or mobile device
- Configure different access for every user
- Active Directory integrated
- ITIL processes visualization and measurement
Some Screenshots of SMTRAK
Please do not treat the list as an official one, as I have collected these from number of sources, and they appear correct.
- SM setup does not allow change from evaluation to licensed
- SMDW: “Invalid object name <table>” thrown when running ETL process in DWRepository
- MonitoringHost.exe.config should not be shipped by SM
- DW no longer receiving new data after failing to create primary key
- VS Shell removed from Authoring Tool
- SM&DW on Server Core Install Failure
- Datedimension has order attributes and relationship attributes incorrectly configured
- SCSM2012 Inconsistent time format in SR and RA
- Fix app domain configuration in Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Core to SM Main
- Change the parent installation folder name to “Microsoft System Center 2012 R2″ from “Microsoft System Center 2012″
- When EntityChangeLogID value grows beyond the 32 bit signed integer limit, expanding the service catalog results in error
- SCSM – Exchange MP stuck in Pending Association in MPSync Job
- Transform.Common timeout and failure
- RFC: Transform failing in TransformGroupContainsConfigItemFact “The maximum recursion 100 has been exhausted”
- System.OverflowException generated when trying to insert EntityChangeLogId into ManagedType tables (MT_*)
- SM console crashes after upgrade correctly
- Review Activity add reviewer workflow fail to run in SCSM2012 sp1 running in windows Server 2012
- After SP1 upgrade, new “Service Dependents” entries created for “Business Services” cannot be seen in the console anymore
- SCSM 2012:SP1: Regression- Simple lists do not function correctly in SSP after upgrading to SP1
- “self-service portal” info should be removed in error message when install SM server in win7 or win8 X86/amd64 client machines
- SQM PowerShell instrumentation doesn’t work in SM and OM.
- RunbookMonitorWorkflow cannot handle failed status of runbook
- Remove Portal: The portal is partially cleaned up after the upgrade of the product with portal installed
- Authoring tool install fails for x86 OS (Win8 x86) because of SxS settings
- SCSM2012 customer get many 33610 events on different rules and subscriptions
- Service Request will complete unexpectedly
- SCSM 2012 – If the amount of „Manual Activities” exceeds a unknown limit, the „Manual Activities“ weren’t displayed in the SMPortal
- Console Crashes when double-clicking Parent Incident link on an extended Incident class object
- SP1 Secondary Management Server – Cannot set availability on a health service that doesn’t exist
- SCSM2012SP1:File attachments are not getting properly saved
- Failed to install chargeback by topology error message shows “Unable to find type [SecureString]“
- Add support for SM 2012 R2 in the eval to licensed tool
Errors when start PowerShell after upgrade from SCSM 2012 SP1 to 2012 R2 and R2MP to R2
- SCSM 2012 – SSP Knowledge article search in Finnish
- script under SM server C:\Program Files\Microsoft System Center 2012 R2\Service Manager\Chargeback\Dependencies need to update
- Connector cannot be created/edited after upgrading of SM console
- Edit VMM connector don’t take effect
As Microsoft releases new product lines/updates to existing ones with robust testing facilities and things like that but unfortunately nothing is perfect and these software’s needs patching time to time. As new bugs flourishes and existing update requires so many tweakings and is actually overwhelmingly impossible to set it up and running at one go, but that happens in dreams, not in reality.
Microsoft regularly/quarterly updates a parked page where all the KB releases gets notified to user groups, channels, RSS feeds etc.
You can either visit the page or grab the RSS feed to stay informed of found issues with Configuration Manager 2012. Following are some helpful links that will support you with SCCM 2012, not R2.
- List of Public Microsoft Support Knowledge Base (KB) Articles for System Center 2012 Configuration Manager (ConfigMgr 2012)
- RSS Feed: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/9539.list-of-public-microsoft-support-knowledge-base-kb-articles-for-system-center-2012-configuration-manager-configmgr-2012/rss.aspx